Dandelion Nursery Provision
I am pleased to inform you that Dandelion Nursery are now in a position to plan for a possible start date at Blakeney from September 2017. If you would like a Registration Form please contact Blakeney school office on 01263 740531 or email email@example.com.
We are very excited about this possible provision for siblings of our school children and also for other young children in the local community. Blakeney School plantation is the perfect setting for a forest school nursery. The nursery area will be fenced off and the space is large enough for the school to still use whenever they want to.
The ethos of Dandelion is unique, as it is based on BOTH forest school principles and Philosophy 4 Children; and they are the ONLY organisation in Norfolk/Suffolk to hold the kitemark. Dandelion was founded and is managed by qualified and experienced teachers.
The purpose of Dandelion is to:
- Provide high quality affordable childcare in a sensory rich environment
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where a child’s emotional and physical needs are a priority
- Support and facilitate children’s development through play, enquiry and the environment
- Encourage independence and collective responsibility; concern and care for themselves, others and the environment
- Develop resourcefulness, self-confidence, tolerance and respect
The warmth and care brought to all the Forest School nursery sessions is unique. They offer ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a beautiful, environmentally rich, Norfolk setting.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- Equal, unique and valuable
- Competent to explore and discover
- Entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- Entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- Entitled to experience regular success
- Entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- Entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
This learner-centred approach interweaves with the ever-changing moods, marvels, potential and challenges, of the natural world through the seasons to fill every Forest School session and programme with discovery and difference. Yet, each programme also shares a common set of principles aimed at ensuring that all learners experience the cumulative and lasting benefits that quality Forest School offers.