Our school vision, based on the book of John, is
“As God’s children, we all play our part in making learning irresistible within our Federation community.“
Christian values are at the heart of our journey together as the Pilgrim Federation
Love and compassion for others; kindness tolerance and respect are the cornerstone of our learning community
Staff, parents, governors, children and the local community all play their part in our learning and achieving excellence in everything that we do
We believe that learning should be creative, innovative, inspirational and irresistible.
Pilgrim Federation Aims and Values
Working with children, staff, governors and the wider community our aim is:
To model, teach and promote the Christian values of: Love, compassion, respect, tolerance, honesty, patience, kindness, empathy, trust, humility, generosity, thankfulness, hope, equality, forgiveness and joy.
To model, facilitate and develop qualities of: Courage, self-control, enthusiasm, engagement, enjoyment, respect, confidence, aspiration, independence, enquiry, politeness, justice, service, resilience, perseverance, passion, curiosity, positivity; socially, academically, mentally and spiritually.
- High standards and good progress, in English, Maths and all areas of the curriculum
- Meaningful, hands on learning linked to real life
- Physical fitness
- Healthy lifestyles
- Mental wellbeing
- Risk taking
- The setting of own goals
- The ability to make and sustain positive relationships
- Team work
- The ability to seek appropriate help when needed
- Effective questioning
- Listening and speaking for learning and for effective communication
- The celebration of own and other’s achievements
- Taking responsibility for own learning
- Continuous improvement
- The understanding that everything has a consequence
- Knowledge of own strengths and qualities/skills in order to improve and to know how to achieve this
The Pilgrim Federation Prayer
A prayer for the formation of the Pilgrim Federation of Church of England Schools written by
The Right Reverend Graham James, Lord Bishop of Norwich.
God of truth and love,
we pray that you will bless our schools
where we come to learn about your world.
Help us to grow together as your children.
Give us faith when things are difficult,
hope when we need encouragement
and joy when we do well.